I am a Digital Media Designer in the South of the UK. My job encompasses a variety of design skills from image manipulation & layout, print design, web design, brand design, occasional animation and 3d modelling.
In a nutshell…
- am a graphic designer, digital designer, print designer, jack of all trades mostly… but I think the technical term is ‘multi-skilled’
- Have probably used most of the Adobe Suite in my career at one point or another (even when some of them were Macromedia – remember the old days when software wasn’t updated every weekend to another version!). These days am mainly using Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign, with a smattering of Dreamweaver and Flash.
- am currently trying to get my head around web code, its gradually seeping in, though I draw the line at actually writing code, but I would like to understand it a little bit at least!
- I am bit of a geek (not a nerd – that’s a whole different category so I’m told). Quite enjoy tinkering with technology
- enjoy photography (see my Flickr page). Have recently discovered Instagram, love it!
- am of Irish/Scottish origin and I don’t tan
- would love to live and work abroad for at least a year, particularly NYC. Only been once but fell in love with the place.
- wish I’d learnt a musical instrument, piano I think
- I am not very good at ‘twitter’… There just aren’t enough hours in the day.
- that said I think Facebook is a fantastic networking tool (mind you Facebook, STOP changing your settings!)
- I live with the most laid back cat in the world
- I am good at DIY
- have an excellent long term memory for useless trivia
- crap short term memory and cannot remember most things unless I write it down…
…hence this blog!